(Last Updated 16 June 2021)
Global Creatures produces live stage productions, including Moulin Rouge! The Musical (“Productions”) and operates the Websites to provide the following services (“Services”):
- marketing and promoting the Productions and providing users with information about our business and the Productions;
- providing information on how to book tickets to Productions and providing users with links to access third party sites to book tickets to the Production;
- running competitions or promotions; and
- we may disclose your personal information to our business partners so that they can contact you in respect of the Services from time to time (“Marketing Communications”).
1. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
1.1 Directly from you
We collect your personal information from you when you directly provide it to us, for example when you:
- use the Websites to:
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- purchase tickets to Productions;
- correspond or communicate with us, for example via telephone, email and written and in-person enquiries;
- interact with us via our Websites;
- engage in casting or recruitment activities for Productions; and
- enter competitions or promotions run by us.
1.2 Indirectly from our partners
We may also collect your personal information from our business partners where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect it from you directly, for example other businesses with which we engage in ticket sales, marketing services, promotional activities or with whom we jointly produce Productions.
We generally require that our business partners have obtained your consent to your personal information being provided to us. For information on how our business partners handle your personal information, please see their privacy policies. We do not use unsolicited personal information.
2. WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
2.1 Personal information
We collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide our Services including your name and contact information (such as email address, telephone number and postal address) and in some cases, additional information such as your date of birth, gender and payment information (such as credit card information).
2.2 Sensitive information
We generally do not collect sensitive information. However we may collect your sensitive information from you directly if you engage in casting or recruitment activities for our Productions and at the time of the disclosure you expressly consent to our collection, use, and/or disclosure of the sensitive information.
2.3 Analytics information
We may collect information about the device you use to access the Websites. For example, we may use web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) to record how you access and use our Websites with your device by collecting information about the advertising ID or Internet Protocol address of your device, the date and time that your device accessed the Websites, the pages that your device accessed, if your device accessed our Websites from a link on another website, details of that referring website, and “cookies” (as explained below). We collect and analyse this information so that we can: tailor advertising to users that is relevant to their interests; understand how users interact with our Websites; improve users’ experience of our Websites; and the functionality of our Websites.
3. WHY WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for various purposes connected to providing the Services to you and our business, including so that we can:
- inform you about the Productions, including ticket sales, promotions and competitions;
- manage your subscription to our mailing lists;
- carry out casting or recruitment activities;
- investigate complaints;
- communicate with you and with the relevant authorities as required if, for example, your personal information has been subject to a data breach; and
- comply with other obligations, including our legal and security obligations.
4. WHY WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO WE DISCLOSE IT TO
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information in connection with providing our Services to you. We may provide your personal information to third party service providers so that they can provide their services to us, for example ticketing service providers, information technology service providers (such as data storage providers), archival services and marketing services.
We may disclose your personal information to our business partners such as financiers, venues, promoters, producers or ticket resellers, and this disclosure is connected to the Services that we provide to you. Some of these third parties may send you marketing communications about their goods, services or productions that may be of interest to you. For information on how these business partners handle your personal information, please see their privacy policies.
We may also disclose your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or to protect or enforce our rights.
5. HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold copies of your personal information, including any sensitive information, for as long as we need your personal information in order to provide the Services to you. We will also retain a copy of your personal information as long as is required to fulfil our legal and security obligations.
6. OVERSEAS DISCLOSURES
7. SUBSCRIPTION PREFERENCES
If you do not wish to receive any marketing communications from Global Creatures or any Marketing Communications from our business partners, you can follow the instructions to opt out of receiving the relevant communications or otherwise adjust your subscription preference. You can also contact us to let us know that you wish to unsubscribe from further Global Creatures marketing communications.
8. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including by implementing appropriate and up-to-date security measures, resources, policies, practices and procedures. If you suspect that your personal information that we hold has been subject to a data breach, then please contact us immediately.
9. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can contact us at any time to:
- request access to the personal information that we hold about you; and/or
- inform us if the personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
We will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as is reasonably possible.
10. EUROPEAN UNION (EU) GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
10.1 Personal data
If you are located in the EU and the GDPR applies to our processing of your ‘personal data’ (as defined in the GDPR) then the matters set out in this section 10 will apply.
10.2 Data protection officer
Our data protection officer is Nick Hart, whose contact details are below.
10.3 Lawful basis for processing
Our processing (including collection, storage, use and disclosure) of your personal data will be justified on the following lawful basis:
- the processing of your personal data is necessary in order for us to provide our Services to you;
- the processing is necessary for us to be able to comply with our legal obligations; or
- you have expressly consented to the processing of your personal data.
The following table sets out the types of personal data that we collect and process and the lawful basis of the processing.
|Types of personal data||How we collect and use this personal data||The lawful basis for the processing of this data|
|Contact information such as name, email address, telephone number||We collect this information from you or from our business partners We use this information to provide the Services to you We use this information in connection with the administration of our business, including our legal record keeping requirements||To perform our contract with you, for example to provide the Services to you Our legitimate interests Compliance with our legal obligations|
|Financial information, for example credit card information||We collect this information from you so that we can process payments in connection with the Services||To perform our contract with you, for example to provide the Services to you Our legitimate interests Compliance with our legal obligations|
|Information about a person’s race or ethnic origin, health, or membership of a professional or trade association||We collect this information from prospective talent so that we can use this information to develop our Productions. We use this information in connection with the administration of our business, including our legal record keeping requirements.||Our legitimate interests Compliance with our legal obligations|
10.4 Rights under EU GDPR
You may contact us and request:
- information on how we process your personal data;
- copies of your personal data that we hold;
- that we correct or rectify inaccurate personal data that we hold;
- that we erase all copies of your personal data that we hold;
- that we stop processing your personal data or restrict the way that we process your personal data; and
- to receive your personal data provided to us, or request that this data be provided to another entity.
You may also withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data.
10.5 Complaint regarding processing of personal data
Please contact us if you believe the EU GDPR applies to you and you would like to exercise your rights under the EU GDPR. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
You have the right to make a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority about how we have processed your personal data. Please visit the European Data Protection Supervisor website for more information: www.edps.europa.eu
10.6 Transfer of personal data
If we transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the transfer of your personal data is subject to an adequate level of data protection and these transfers are made under contracts that contain EU standard contractual clauses governing the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries outside of the EEA.
11. CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about how we collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information and we will respond to you within a reasonable period.
Global Creatures Pty Ltd
Nick Hart, Privacy Officer
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: https://www.oaic.gov.au/.